BETNOVATE is available as Cream and Ointment. This Cream is topical corticosteroid which is apply to body surface or skin. It is use to help relieve redness, swelling, itching and discomfort of various skin problems. In this page we talk about Betnovate Cream | All About Uses, Benefits & Information.
- 1 Betnovate Cream:
- 2 Dosage:
- 2.1 Precautions:
- 2.2 Quick Tips:
Betnovate contains active ingredient betamethasone valerate and belongs to group of medicines called Corticosteroids. It is available as cream and ointment. This is topical corticosteroid which applied to body skin. It is use to help relieve redness, swelling, itching and discomfort of various skin problems. Such as eczema and other types of dermatitis.
Betnovate contains active substance betamethasone valerate which belongs to group of medicines called corticosteroids that help to reduce redness, swelling and irritation of skin in adults, elderly and children over age of 1 year. These should not be confuse with “Anabolic” steroids misuse by some body builders and athletes. It taken as tablets or injections.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. Some medicines may affect how Betnovate works or make it more likely that you’ll have side effects. Betnovate contains Chlorocresol and Cetostearyl alcohol. Chlorocresol may cause allergic reactions and cetostearyl alcohol may cause local skin reactions.
Betnovate is strong and rapidly effective treatment for inflame skin conditions in which infection may be problem. Take care if you have ever had an allergy to any creams or ointments in past. Prolong use or use under occlusive dressings may result in damage to nervous system. Do not use if any of above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your Doctor or Pharmacist before using Betnovate.
Betnovate Cream Uses:
Betnovate is use to treat following health conditions and symptoms: Redness, swelling, itchiness of skin.
- Eczema: A condition in which patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, red, cracked and rough.
- Dermatitis: It is common term use for various types of skin rashes . It can be classified into two types atopic dermatitis and contact dermatitis. Atopic dermatitis is inherit and usually occurs in infants. Contact dermatitis occurs when skin comes in contact with something that is causing an allergic reaction or injures skin.
- Psoriasis: A condition in which skin cells build up and form scales, itchy and dry patches.
- Allergic conditions: The reaction of immune system to foreign substance.
- Bacterial skin infections: An infection of skin which can be cause by bacteria, fungus, viruses, and parasites.
- Microbial infections: Infections such as malaria, athlete’s foot, common coldare all cause by severe pathogenic bacteria.
- Contusions: A contusion, which is type of hematoma, develops when an injure capillary or blood vessel leaks blood into surrounding area.
- Itching: An irritating sensation that makes one want to scratch skin repeatedly.
- Inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid responsive dermatoses.
This medication is use to treat variety of skin conditions. Betamethasone reduces swelling, itching and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is medium strength corticosteroid.
Betnovate Side Effects:
Along with its needed effects, betamethasone topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur. If they do occur they may need medical attention. Check with your doctor immediately if any of following side effects occur while taking betamethasone topical:
- Itching at application site
- Flaking of skin
- Tightening of skin
- Dry skin
- Redness of skin
- Severe redness
- Swelling of skin
- Thinning of skin with easy bruising especially when use on face or where skin folds together.
- Unusually warm skin
- Loosening of skin
- Blurred vision
- Change in vision
- Decrease vision
- Eye pain
- Loss of vision
- Redness and scaling around mouth
Serious side effects are rare. You’re more likely to have serious side effect if you use betamethasone on large area of skin for long time. Using betamethasone for long time can make your skin thinner or cause stretch marks. Stretch marks are likely to be permanent but they usually fade over time.
Use Betnovate Cream once or twice day. Your doctor will tell you how often to use this medicine. The number of times you use your medicine may be reduced as your skin gets better. Your doctor may also prescribe a weaker steroid for you to use instead.
Always use Betnovate Cream exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Here I give a table for take dosage og Betnovate:
|Adults||2 Times in a day.||2 to 4 weeks|
|5 to 12 years||1 Time in a day.||1 to 3 weeks|
|2 to 6 years||1 Time in a day.||5 to 7 Days|
|Under 1 year||Do not use it.||Do not use it.|
Most people only need to use betamethasone skin treatments for a short time. Stop as soon as your skin is better. Sometimes you only need to use the skin treatments for a few days. Do not use the medicated plasters for more than 30 days.
If you’re using the scalp foam, or are using betamethasone on your face, ask your doctor or pharmacist how long to use it for. Using more than recommended amount of your betamethasone skin treatment is unlikely to harm you.
Betnovate cream is an anti inflammatory prescribe for treating various skin related conditions. Such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other allergic conditions. Additionally, it is prescribe by skin specialists or dermatologists as drug for treating bacterial infections of skin. Betnovate is free from parabens and colouring agents and safe for direct application on skin.
Use this medication on skin only. However, do not use it on face, groin or underarms unless direct to do so by your doctor.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Take small amount of cream and gently rub it on affected area as direct by doctor.
- After application, wash and dry hands thoroughly unless cream is use for treating hands.
- It is advisable not to use Betnovate cream immediately before having bath, shower or going swimming. As otherwise effectiveness of cream may reduce.
- It is advise not to apply this medicine to face unless specifically advise by doctor.
- In case doctor has advise to use cream on face, prevent cream from entering eyes. It is advise to wash eyes thoroughly in case cream enters eyes.
Also, avoid getting this medication in nose or mouth. If you get medication in these areas, rinse with plenty of water. Use this medication only for condition for which it was prescribe. Do not use it for longer than prescribed. Inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens after 2 weeks.
Before starting administration of Betnovate cream, it is advise to inform doctor about any on going medicines, herbal or vitamin supplements. Additionally, following concerns should be taken into consideration before consuming medicine:
- Alcohol Consumption: No interaction of alcohol has been establish with use of Betnovate. It is advise to consult doctor about instructions relate to use of alcohol during course of this medicine.
- If following Symptoms are experience during course of this medicine, it must be brought to notice of doctor immediately.
- It is advise to avoid contact of Betnovate Cream with Eyes. In case of contact, one should wash eyes with water immediately. The irritation persists, one should contact doctor immediately.
- In case Children are being treated with this cream, they are advise to avoid wearing plastic pants or tight fitting diapers.
- It is suggested not to wash treated area after immediately applying Betnovate. One must avoid use of other products on treat area unless direct by doctor.
- Applying an excessive amount of this cream may result in pilling. It is advised to use thinner layer or lesser quantity of cream to prevent serious side effects.
- It is important to clean and dry area of skin to be treat. One should wash their hands before application of this medicine.
- It is advise not to use Betnovate in following health conditions.
- Anal or genital itching.
Betnovate ointment is topical corticosteroid and an anti inflammatory ointment. Which is use for fast and effective treatment of skin infections such as Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis etc. These skin disease are mainly bacteria induce infections.
There are other similar drugs in market which can be use as substitute for Betnovate Cream:
- Beta Val
- Betamycin Cream
Betnovate Interactions with Other Drugs:
Betnovate cream may interact with few medicines or elements:
- BCG vaccine
How to Store Betnovate?
It is advisable to store this cream in cool and dry place. Take it away from direct heat and sunlight. One must keep medicine away from reach of children and pets.
The packaging of this medicine must be kept intact in order to maintain its effect when being administer. Store below 30°C. Contents are flammable. Keep away from fine, flame or heat. Protect from light or direct sunlight.
How Does It Work?
There’s very little information about taking herbal remedies and supplements while using betamethasone. Ask your pharmacist for advice.
What If You Forget To Take Betnovate Cream?
- Betnovate Cream is use to treat redness, swelling, itching and discomfort of various skin conditions.
- It should be applied to affected areas as thin film two or three times daily. Also as advised by your doctor.
- Don’t use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Don’t cover area being treate with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by doctor. As this may increase risk of side effects.
- If you think area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Betnovate Cream and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improve after 2 weeks of treatment.
- Betnovate Cream can be taken with or without food but try to have it at same time every day.
Do not use BETNOVATE if you suffer from medical conditions:
- Acne rosacea or vulgaris.
- Inflammation around the mouth.
- Fungal skin infection e.g. tinea, ringworm, thrush.
- A viral skin infection like chickenpox, cold sores, shingles, warts etc.
- A bacterial skin infection like impetigo, boils, cellulitus etc.
- Skin conditions with ulcers e.g. leg ulcers.
- Tuberculosis of skin.
- Anal itching
- Genital itching.
Betnovate ointment is topical corticosteroid and an anti inflammatory ointment. It is use for fast and effective treatment of skin infections such as Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis etc. Betnovate contains active ingredient betamethasone valerate and belongs to group of medicines called Corticosteroids. BETNOVATE is available as Cream and Ointment. This Cream is topical corticosteroid which is apply to body surface or skin. Betnovate is strong and rapidly effective treatment for inflame skin conditions in which infection may be problem.